Commercial Energy Audits
Absolute Perfection is one of the only window film companies in Maryland that offers energy audits for qualified commercial window film projects. Energy audits help to make the best choice on the right window film for your business.
How It Works:
The process to obtain an energy audit is long and in-depth. Although there is no standardized procedure for residential and commercial energy audits, energy companies take a thorough approach to create a detailed report of the project.
- Request Audit: It’s best to find the nearest certified energy auditing company to request an energy audit. The audit must first go through pre-approval to ensure the building is in need of one.
- Audit Pre-Approval: During the pre-approval process, the energy company will conduct a preliminary energy analysis to assess the buildings energy consumption. If the building is identified as one that’s in need of energy efficient solutions, the audit will be approved and the process can begin.
- Audit Approval: Once the building is approved for an energy audit, data collecting, and analyzing begins. An initial walk through survey is completed to identify low-cost and no-cost recommendations for the building. After measuring key parameters, the energy company and building owners will meet to review the recommendations, and establish a cost-effective, energy efficient way to solve the problem. In this case, window film will be the solution to the problem.
- Installation: When a window film is chosen, installation can begin. Depending on the size and scope of the project, installation can take a few days or a few weeks.
- Rebates & Savings: After the window film is installed, the rebate will be granted by the energy company. For every kilowatt hour saved in the first year, 16 cents is refunded to the company. In addition to the rebate, the building will start to spend less energy heating, cooling, and running the building at all times of the year.
Absolute Perfection has been a part of multiple commercial energy audits that have resulted in a large amount of rebates and energy savings. Check out some of the major projects below.